Top 5 IELTS books for preparations, While choosing an IELTS book, things can be a little tricky. There are so many options available in the market and choosing the best one from the numerous options is not an easy task. we have top 5 IELTS books for preparations and getting good band score in your IELTS exam.
1. Road to IELTS
- Road to IELTS is the most popular online preparation courses which are offered by the British Council that includes mock papers, tutorial videos, interactive exercises.
- It includes a total of 36 individual practice tests with answer keys.
- It provides three versions of the test, test drive, last minute and full version.
- Online IELTS preparation resources and materials for IELTS Academic and General Training.
- Practice zones and e-books will help you prepare for the Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking sections.
- Tutorial videos that highlight test dos and don’ts timed practice tests.
“My Progress” section that checks your performance in comparison to other students and “My Profile” section that will help to remind you of the date of your test.
1.1 Road to IELTS Test Drive:– version is free for download and gives you a sense of what is IELTS all about.
- This includes:
- 30 interactive exercises.
- Four videos giving tips and advice.
- One practice test for each of the four skills.
1.2 Road to IELTS Last Minute:- version is only free to those who register for IELTS test with the British Council. You will get practice sessions worth 30 hours.
- This includes:
- Nine videos giving advice and tutorials.
- 100 interactive activities.
- Two practice tests for each of the four skills.
1.3. Road to IELTS Full Version:- is 100% online IELTS preparation course with more than 300 interactive activities and nine practice tests.
- This includes:
- There are 13 tutorial videos by experts from the British Council.
- Videos giving advice and tutorials.
- 36 practice tests.
2. Simone Braverman’s Target Band 7: IELTS Academic Module – How To Maximize Your Score
- IELTS Target Band 7 provides a highly effective guide for the IELTS exam.
- IELTS Target Band 7 Guides you through the Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking tests and Also, tell you how to make the best impression on your examiner.
- It shows you how to manage your time.
- IELTS tips, techniques, strategies and advice are focused on maximizing students’ score by increasing their task-solving speed and efficiency and preventing typical mistakes after all students can achieve their best personal score.
- Using IELTS great techniques to do things FAST.
- Providing useful tips for content writing and techniques.
- It protects you from walking into IELTS traps.
3. The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS (for academic and general training)
- The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS is based on the research of real-life test-takers.
- It covers the IELTS preparation from both academic and general training.
- It covers all the Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking sections of the test.
- Approaches from the perspective of the test taker.
- Providing useful strategy advice.
- 8 full-length official practise tests with detailed answers.
- DVD containing listening and speaking exercises.
- The test papers providing step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to take each section of the exam.
4. IELTS Superpack (Barron’s Test Prep)
- Barron’s IELTS Superpack provides the most comprehensive preparation available to help you master your English-language proficiency.
- It provides 4 Academic Module practice exams and 2 General Training Module practice exams.
- Barron’s Superpack includes practice tests with two audio CDs for the listening section, and also a manual of essential words for IELTS with an MP3 CD, strategies and tips also including an MP3 CD.
- The manual for essential words rope in the words within the practice tests and exercises. This helps improve vocabulary.
- The audio CDs for listening tests are stated to be in American English, but on the day of the exam, you might end up interacting with a person speaking British English, Australian English, Canadian English, and the like.
IELTS Superpack includes:
Barron's IELTS: The first one
- Fourth Edition
- This one has an up-to-date review and practice test that is currently available this is 4th edition it comes with CD so you can play the CD.
- These are the books and there are tests as well and there is the answer as well so if you have a very cool listening reading speaking writing whatever you want it’s inside this one.
IELTS Practice Exams with MP3 CD: The second one
- Third Edition
- The second one is let’s practics exams this one also has a test inside it gives you the general guideline how to answer how to manage your time how to get good marks in all four modes of miles.
IELTS Strategies and Tips with MP3 CD: The third one
- Second Edition
- This one is very important it gives you the strategies and the tips. so, the strategies and tips it gives you the basic strategies of IELTS and this is the second edition.
- A comprehensive review of all questions types present on the strategies that will help you question types tips that will show you how to wants a test question quickly and efficiently.
- It’s not very difficult I did it for the first time and it’s really easy it just very hard but it is very easy if you prepare yourself properly.
5. IELTS Success Formula Academic: The Complete Practical Guide to a Top IELTS Score
- It is a great book and very, very helpful!.
- It teaches you the best ways to understand and solve IELTS tasks. It’s a very good book for beginner because that contains all modules with simple understanding.
- IELTS Success Formula covers the IELTS Writing test in depth. It has examples of Writing task 1 and Writing task 2.
- Writing and speaking, reading explain with good examples and really help me to achieve my IELTS band score.
You may also like to read this.